Monday 25 April 2016

FROM SOLO TO DAEGU : LASIK surgery (1)

 Hi my silent reader

I need to say sorry for long hiatus. Actually i was not busy so  i could not type any post here. But i could not manage time to write a blog. I only keep travelling around and posting on Instagram.

So in this post, i would like to share my LASIK surgery story. Do not take it wrong, i am afraid some of you probably mistaken between LASIK and PLASTIC surgery. Hehehe.
Back in January, when Korea was so cold, my Nicaraguan friend offered an idea to get surgery in Korea. He said that his teacher (we were in different class) got lasik surgery last year and it was successful. He asked me to join him. Later, my Mexican friend also joined this team. I had a dream to remove my glass. Truthfully, i hated wearing a glass. It was so uncomfortable. Whenever you eat hot noodles, sweating, swimming, caught in the rain or snow, etc you really want to take off your glasses. Oh and by wearing glasses, people think that you are smart, genius, nerd and love to read book. Heh?
Then, i talked to my parents , especially about budget and the risk. They preferred to believe me. Do whatever you believe, they said.

We had appointment with doctor in NUNE EYE CLINIC HOSPITAL ( 누네 안과 병원) in Beomo Station, Daegu on 22 nd of January. I went there with my duo Latinos friend and teacher. This time we had an eye examination. Imagine the clinic is on 19-20th floor, so you will feel that you  do examination on the sky. This exam took 3 hours.More than 6 test that i had to undergo. Sorry i did not take any picture of the exam. I was too busy because  they called my name for several times.
But let see if google provide some information
OH, i found this one. You can see all the examination steps through
this sites
But because all are written in Korea, i will help to translate here
1. Submit the application
2. Fill the questioner and have a consultation. Do not worry if you CAN NOT SPEAK KOREAN. Here they also provide an interpreter. We used interpreter too since two of my friend can not speak Korean fluently. Actually, i also found difficult word when they started talking about the medicine or the treatment. HAHA
3. Vision Test. They will ask you to read different size letters and numbers. When i did it without glasses, i could not read anything. Even the examiner face was also blur
4. Virtual reflection test. in this test they will ask you too see the object on the machine. Do not blink your eyes
5. Pressure Test. They will ask you to hold your blink when they spray air in your eyes.
6. MR Test. I dont remember about this test. But once you see the picture, you will understand. Maybe
7.Corneal Topography Test. See the picture
8.Cornea endothelial cell Test. I totally forgot about this test
9.Night vision Test. I remembered well this test. Because we had to enter a room and they really turned the lamp off. You have to click whenever you see white spot during test. They will give a tool who really looks like a computer mouse.
10. Mydriasis test.
11. Pentacam test
12. Retina and yellow area test (ponder spot)
13. optical coherence tomography test
14. Retina thickness test. for this one, they will drop some anesthetic.
15.  IOL master eye test
16. Last one, tear test (to see how dry is your eyes)
17. Consultation. They will give you result of the test. The doctor suggested me to take the extra lasik which cost 2200000won (Rp 23.000.000,00). But he also allowed me to take only the common one. This one cost 1200000won (Rp 13.000.000,00) . This amount also included to the examination fee. Ah We got this price also because we declared our Yeungnam University student card!

Lets talk about the result

The result was written in a book. My myopia was so bad, -7.00 for both my eyes and got 0,25 for the astigmatism. But they said after taking surgery my vision could be 1,0 (normal).
Why the doctor allowed me take the normal lasik? because i have a thick cornea. my right side is 577 micrometer and 562 for the left.  Next, they let me knew about my pupil size for the night vision The normal size is 6.0-6.5 micro meter. Mine is stated as the normal one. For the pressure result, i got 22 and 21 which the normal one is 10-21 mmHg. And i was declared as normal for the glaucoma test.
 the result book


my myopia and astigmatism result 

my cornea thickness

pupil size


After a long discussion between me and my friend, we agreed to undergo surgery on March 15th. It was holiday so we could recover fast. Okay, i will stop writing here. Continue to next post about the surgery and recovery time.

Enjoy reading~ 





No comments:

Post a Comment